Project No. 6 – Equipping the elementary school and kindergartens in Xin Cai commune, Ha Giang province in the north of Vietnam
Status September 2016
On September 13, 2016, the LO-ANH Foundation team (LOAN Stiftung) visited the elementary school in Xin Cai commune, Ha Giang province in the north of Vietnam and the surrounding kindergartens. Following our visit, we observed a lack of basic goods, which are necessary to support the development of the children.
The life of these 740 children between 7 and 13 years of age, among them 344 girls, is considerably more difficult because material conditions aren’t good. Many of them need new shoes, blankets, sleeping mats or just new writing pads and pens. Often their families are overstrained.
Together with our Vietnamese partners (foreign ministry, ministry for social affairs and community representatives), we have compiled what can be sponsored to make the children’s lives a little easier:
- 396 Pairs of sandals for boys, size 35, type 1, approx. 0.98 USD each (= 388.78 USD)
- 344 Pairs of sandals for girls, size 35, approx. 1.11 USD each (= 383.79 USD)
- 740 uniform jackets, various sizes for 7 – 13 year-old children, approx. 6.69 USD each (= 4,953.58 USD)
- 150 winter blankets 1.6 x 1.8 m, approx. 11.15 USD each (= 1,673.50 USD)
- 150 mosquito nets, type 1, approx. 2.23 USD each (= 334.70 USD)
- 150 school bags for boys and girls, approx. 4.46 USD each (= 669.40 USD)
- 3000 writing pads, approx. 0.22 USD each (= 669.40 USD)
- 3000 pens, approx. 0.089 USD each (= 267.76 USD)
The overall costs are approximately 9,500.00 USD (or approx. 8,500.00 €)
Status December 2016
On December 13, 2016 the LO-ANH Foundation team (LOAN Stiftung) (Isabelle, Rebecca and Stephan Müller -at one’s own expense and not at the expense of the foundation) met with the representatives of Xin Cai commune. That day, the financial support for this project through the LO-ANH Foundation (LOAN Stiftung) was stipulated in a contract. All 740 children of this commune will now be provided with the necessary, basic equipment to grow up under better circumstances and in an age-appropriate way.
Status March 01, 2017
First shipments of uniforms and sandals have arrived in Xin Cai commune. The goods were directly distributed to the children.
Status April 2017
Further shipments have reached the children in many remote villages and have made them – and us – very happy!
Status May 2017
This project was successfully completed. Thanks to your donations all children in Xin Cai commune now have new equipment. Many thanks – also on behalf of the children!
We would be delighted if you were to provide us with moral and financial support in this endeavor. Thank you very much!